Keeping the Sacred Flame

A place to discuss the religion and philosophy of the Sacred Flame, HeartShadow's personal religion. Also random other thoughts of HeartShadow's as she feels like posting them.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Dancing With the Dark Flame

He stood there, proud and tall,
Waiting at the crossroads.
Held out his hand to me, and said
"Will you join me in the dance?"

I backed away, afraid of him
Of the dance and all he offered
"Can you promise I'll be safe?" I asked
"That I'll know myself tomorrow?"

"I can promise no such thing,
For that's not the dance I offer.
I am pounding pulse and flashing feet
Not the softness of a lover.

"You stand here in the darkness
Waiting for what will come
But you do not reach for what you need
You will not let go and dance."

"It's dark and cold and scary
I don't know how to trust
You want me to dance with you
But I fear what I may become."

He stood and was a man
But I saw what was beneath
A flame that danced but did not give light
A darkness like no other.

"You will become what you are
What you have burning inside.
You will burn brightly in the darkness
You will burn darkly in the light.

"Take my hand and dance with me
And you will not be left unchanged."
He spoke my fear so plainly
Yet still, hand out, he stood.

What choice did I have? The fire in me burned
I wanted to dance, to sing, to be changed
Where I was was in the light
But it wasn't where I needed to be.

I took his hand.

I am the fire, burning bright.
I am fire burning dark.

In the darkness, boundaries fall
I danced and was the Flame
Personal thoughts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home